UVic Pride AGM Agenda – November 3, 2017
- Acknowledgement of the Territories
- Safer Spaces Policy
- Round of Names/Pronouns/Check-in
- How Does an AGM Work?
- Proposed Additions?
- Movie Night/Fundraiser (Tiny House Warriors)
- Coffee Social (Ideaboard)
7) Appeals for Voting Rights
8) Voting Method for AGM Elections
VOTE: Use the Schulze method for coordinator elections at this AGM.
9) Changes to Bylaw 5 (2. Membership)
p) Social Media Coordinator
9) Changes to Bylaw 6: (2. Responsibilities of the Coordinating Committee)
Social Media Coordinator: The social media coordinator shall:
i) Be responsible for posting and moderating articles, updates, resources, advertisements, etc, on UVic Pride’s behalf on our official social media channels (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram).
ii) Send out a weekly email newsletter which will detail any relevant UVic Pride updates and events.
iii) Update the Pride website in collaboration with the Collective Coordinator (office/administration).
iv) Collaborate with the Collective Coordinators (Events and Activism/Fundraising) to advertise events and fundraising opportunities, and to share details about them on social media outlets.
v) Other duties as required.
Proposed Responsibility for all Positions:
– Develop and maintain a guide of responsibilities that coordinators in this position can follow.
10) Coordinator Elections
– Collective Coordinator: Events and Activism
– Collective Coordinator: Fundraising
– Collective Coordinator: Office Coordinator
– UVSS Board Representative
– Grad Student Representative
– Trans Representative
– Post Secondary Outreach Coordinator
– Youth Representative
– Resource Coordinator
– Coordinator of Volunteer Resources
– Advocacy Council Representative
– Financial Coordinator
– Safer Spaces Coordinator
– Library Coordinator
– Social Media Coordinator
11) Approval of Minutes