UVic Pride Collective Agenda – September 29, 2017
- Acknowledgement of the Territories
- Safer Spaces Policy
- Round of Names/Pronouns/Check-in
- How Does a Collective Work?
- Proposed Additions to the Agenda
- Racism, Colonialism and Exclusion in Pride, our action plan.
- The Autistic Caucus has set their meeting times from 4-6 PM every second Monday starting on October 9 to give the facilitator time to prepare.
9) Anti-Oppression Documents and Volunteer Training
- AOP documents to be presented at meeting for approval.
- Check-in With Ashe to set-up training dates for volunteers.
10) Idea to Create Facebook Group for Pride’s Volunteers
- Group to coordinate, delegate, train, and communicate with volunteers at UVic Pride.
11) Morgan’s Fundraising Announcement
- Are there any updates from Morgan about the fundraising announcement?
12) Budget Meeting
- Need to plan a budget meeting for the semester.
13) Halloween Event
- Possibly too late to book a venue for a Halloween party
- Alternative events ideas? Maybe a Halloween movie night and dinner?
- Plan a dance for later in the semester instead?
14) Alexis’ Outline for a Workshop
- Alexis has developed an outline for a workshop they want to facilitate.
15) Elect a Hiring Committee for the Work Study Finance Coordinator Position
- Need to elect no more than four representatives to sit on the hiring committee.
- Ashe is willing to nominate themself to sit on the hiring committee.
16) We Need to Start Planning for the Annual General Meeting
- Any changes to policy?
- This is where we will elect new coordinators.
- Should be organized for some time in late October or early November.
17) Kate’s Presentation (The Trans Tipping Point)
- Still need to advertise this through a Facebook post on our main page.
18) Youth Drop-In Donation Request
- Lux will speak on this point further during the meeting.
19) End of Meeting – Approve Minutes.