UVic Pride Collective Meeting Agenda – September 29, 2017

UVic Pride Collective Agenda – September 29, 2017

QUORUM:

 

  • Acknowledgement of the Territories
  • Safer Spaces Policy
  • Round of Names/Pronouns/Check-in
  • How Does a Collective Work?
  • Proposed Additions to the Agenda
  • Racism, Colonialism and Exclusion in Pride, our action plan. 
  • Updates:

 

 

  • The Autistic Caucus has set their meeting times from 4-6 PM every second Monday starting on October 9 to give the facilitator time to prepare.

 

8) Ideaboard

 

 

 

9) Anti-Oppression Documents and Volunteer Training

 

  • AOP documents to be presented at meeting for approval.
  • Check-in With Ashe to set-up training dates for volunteers.

 

10) Idea to Create Facebook Group for Pride’s Volunteers

 

  • Group to coordinate, delegate, train, and communicate with volunteers at UVic Pride.

 

11) Morgan’s Fundraising Announcement

 

  • Are there any updates from Morgan about the fundraising announcement?

 

12) Budget Meeting

 

  • Need to plan a budget meeting for the semester.

13) Halloween Event

 

  • Possibly too late to book a venue for a Halloween party
  • Alternative events ideas? Maybe a Halloween movie night and dinner?
  • Plan a dance for later in the semester instead?

14) Alexis’ Outline for a Workshop

 

  • Alexis has developed an outline for a workshop they want to facilitate.

 

15) Elect a Hiring Committee for the Work Study Finance Coordinator Position

 

  • Need to elect no more than four representatives to sit on the hiring committee.
  • Ashe is willing to nominate themself to sit on the hiring committee.

 

16) We Need to Start Planning for the Annual General Meeting

 

  • Any changes to policy?
  • This is where we will elect new coordinators.
  • Should be organized for some time in late October or early November.

 

17) Kate’s Presentation (The Trans Tipping Point)

 

  • Still need to advertise this through a Facebook post on our main page.

 

18) Youth Drop-In Donation Request

 

  • Lux will speak on this point further during the meeting.

 

19) End of Meeting – Approve Minutes.