UVic Pride Collective Meeting Agenda – August 9, 2017
- Acknowledgement of the Territories
- Safer Spaces Policy
- Round of Names/Pronouns/Check-in
- How Does a Collective Work?
- Proposed Additions to the Agenda – VOTE: approved
- Racism, Colonialism and Exclusion in Pride, our action plan.
- Try to find ways to build relationships with the nations here.
- Get into contact with SOCC and NSU to plan event.
9) Camosun Pride Collaboration
- Have there been any updates?
10) Inclusion in the Pride Space
- How do we make our space more open and welcoming to new members?
- How do we challenge ourselves to communicate to the collective with transparency?
11) UVSS board involvement in harm reduction
- Had meeting with UVSS Board, Health Services, and Erin. Relayed concerns regarding board involvement in a harm reduction education program. Suggested that board could advertise for advocacy groups already engaging in harm reduction initiatives.
- Does UVic Pride want to respond to UVSS Board involvement in harm reduction?
- Do we want to work with the board to provide education and training?
12) Gender Affirming Resources
- Discussion regarding how we want to potentially limit the gender affirming resources.
- How can we prioritize the most vulnerable intersections of our community?
- It was previously decided at a collective meeting that we could limit the initiative to one resource per person, but do we want to consider other limitations to ensure that our funds go towards supporting vulnerable communities such as youth, sex workers, IBPOC, transfeminine, and other vulnerable communities?
13) Interim Finance Coordinator
- We need to elect an interim finance coordinator and present a budget to advo council.
14) Planning for the beginning of September
- Events and suggestions?
- What do we need to get done between now and then?
- Open house event and plans?
15) Approval of Minutes – End of meeting.