- Acknowledgement of the Territories
- Safer Spaces Policy
- Round of Names/Pronouns/Check-in
- How Does a Collective Work?
- Proposed Additions to the Agenda – VOTE:
- Racism, Colonialism and Exclusion in Pride, our action plan.
9.) Camosun Pride Collaboration
10.) Breast Forms
11.) Alt Pride
12.) Trans Health Fundraiser
13.) Apricity Youth Theatre Project
- Tabled until we can elect a finance coordinator or sort out our financial situation.
14.) Queer ASL
15.) UVSS board involvement in harm reduction
17.) Positive Space Network
- “I am currently crafting a Resource Person system, which is very similar to what you have (a 2-3 hour workshop resulting in a certificate/sticker and a manual). Your manual (https://onlineacademiccommunity.uvic.ca/psn/wp-content/uploads/sites/1379/2016/03/PSN-Resource-Person-Manual.pdf) is truly amazing – it has all the necessary information and skills (Knowledge building, skill building, and glossary) covered in a very clear and concise manner.”
- Would like to know how to credit pride or how we would like to be credited
18.) CBC Interview
- Looking for someone to talk about why we pulled out of Pride this year. Would like to highlight on IPOC voice specifically.
19.) Workshop For Cannassist
“CanAssist which is a small non-profit program that works with youth ages 15-19 who have mental or physical disabilities to find meaningful employment in the community. Our team is organizing a retreat/training day for mid-July, we are looking to improve our team knowledge around LGBTQ2+ issues, specifically around gender identity and gender expression. Since we work with vulnerable youth, we want to ensure that we have the tools to provide a safe and inclusive space for all and I’m wondering whether Pride advocacy group provides any kind professional development opportunity we could have our team attend that would address sexuality, gender identity, and gender expression over the summer, or if there are any community-based workshops you can recommend for us to attend, or if you can recommend a presenter who would be able to facilitate a workshop for us here at TeenWork (we are located in CanAssist, inside the CARSA building)?
After browsing your site, the queer & trans 101 workshop may be the best option for us. We have a small budget to pay for such a workshop, and our team consists of 5 members. “
- Would like to work from an IPOC/Indigenous lens, and start date as early as July 13
20.) Approval of Minutes – End of meeting.