- Acknowledgement of the Territories
- Safer Spaces Policy
- Round of Names/Pronouns/Check-in
- How Does a Collective Work?
- Proposed Additions to the Agenda – VOTE:
- Racism, Colonialism and Exclusion in Pride, our action plan + expectations going forward
9.) Camosun Pride Collaboration
10.) Breast Forms
– More sizes for people to try on
11.) Alt Pride
12.) Trans Health Fundraiser
– Presenter has been contacted but has not yet responded to us. We will continue to check-in
13.) Apricity Youth Theatre Project
They are requesting up to $460 to pay for food and supplies. We will be looking into our budget (and hopefully electing a finance coordinator!) and revisit ASAP.
14.) Queer ASL
We have been approached by Queer ASL to host two 3-hour classes at the end of August. Given their suggested sliding scale for payment, a class with 16 attendants should usually cost $1120.
There was an idea for UVic Pride to pay for half of this amount and ask attendants to donate at half the usual suggested payment. We will be looking into our budget (and hopefully electing a finance coordinator!
15.)UVSS board involvement in harm reduction
16.) Interim Finance Coordinator
18.) Statement to avoid mainstream Pride events
18.) Approval of Minutes – End of meeting.