UVic Pride Collective Meeting Agenda – April 13th, 2017
- Acknowledgement of the Territories
- Safer Spaces Policy
- Round of Names/Pronouns/Check-in
- How Does a Collective Work?
- Proposed Additions to the Agenda.
- Racism, Colonialism and Exclusion in Pride, our action plan + expectations going forward
– Autistic Caucus Funding Request
– Love Is Love Conference
The conference went really well! There were about 150 youth in attendance, and many were interested in getting involved in the Ace/Aro Meet-ups and Youth Caucus. Lots of them were interested in gender-affirming and safer sex resources as well.
A rep from the public library in attendance told us that they are happy to give us free event space for future community initiatives
– Youth Drop-in Night at Pride
The drop-in was a success! About 20 youth came and we had sushi and made a collaborative art banner together. They were all very appreciative of Pride.
– Hiring Committee
– Trans Me Down Clothing Swap
– NSU Letter
NSU has sent out the letter to the incoming Energize Slate. Pride voted as an organization to officially sign on to this letter, so if you are interested in reading it, there is a copy on the board or the office coordinator can provide you with one
9) Interim UVSS Board Rep Election
10.) Interim Events and Activism Coordinator Election
11.) Interim Trans Rep Election
12.) Computer Purchasing
13.) Evening/Off-Campus Coffee Social Hours
14.) Approval of Minutes